Match Poker is played like a regular No-Limit Texas Hold ‘Em poker game*. It’s only at the end of the hand that you see its wonderful features, when you get a notice saying:
- Congratulations – you won 400 chips;
- This hand has been played 77,124 times before. You beat 87% of players who had your hand;
- You’ve won 9 Rating Points;
- You now have 15,042 Rating Points (RP). We then show you where you rank for your continent, country, age bracket, etc.
In Match Poker:
- The hand that you (and all other players) are dealt will already have been dealt and played hundreds or thousands of times before.
- So, instead of scoring you against the players at your table, Match Poker Online™ will compare your score against everyone who played those same cards before – in the same position and with the same flop, turn and river.
- This removes a large element of the luck in poker and replaces it with a real assessment of your skill.
- We then rank that skill.
The power of this is seen in the following example. You’re dealt AA in first position. One player calls. The flop is A72. You bet and get called. The turn is a 9. You check, she bets 60% of the pot, you re-raise 60%, she calls. The river is a 7. You bet. She goes all-in. She may be bluffing, or may have A7 – or, heaven forbid, 77. You call. Her quad sevens costs you all of your chips and this knocks you out of the tournament.
In Match Poker you are NOT punished on this hand. You may not even get a negative score, because you scored pretty much what everyone else did with the AA crashing into 7777. Match Poker Online doesn’t punish bad luck. It tries to reflect your skill.
So, enjoy playing The Sport of Poker – where skill beats luck. Download the app today!