We respect your privacy
Match Poker Online Pty Ltd (“MPO”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. At the same time, we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise process (“process”) certain information from users of our games and our website in order to deliver our Services (described below).
2. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
A. Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
Depending on the Service, the personal information we collect will be relevant to providing that Service and include some or all of the following:
- your first and last name
- your game username or alias
- your gender
- your age, birthday or age range
- your email address
- your profile photo and/or avatar
- your approximate location
- your contact details including phone number and address
- a password
- personal information you provide when you ask for help from our customer support team, including the content of that communication with our team
- A note on sensitive personal information. While we typically do not request sensitive or special categories of personal information you may choose to provide this information to us. For some Services, we may also ask you to voluntarily provide information about any accessibility requirements you may have to better understand the needs of players and to improve the accessibility of our Services.
B. Information Shared About Others
We may give you the ability to invite people you know to use MPO Services, including by manually entering their contact information. You are responsible for ensuring your sharing of this personal information with us is compliant with applicable laws. In some countries, this may require you to get permission from the people you invite before you share their information.
We may also get personal information about you from other MPO users. We process this personal information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove personal information stored by us, follow any instructions in the Service or see Your Rights below.
C. Information You Generate Using Out Services
When you use our Services, we will collect personal information about the ways in which you use and interact with our Services, such as when and for how long you play our games, which game features and other players you interact with, what progress or levels you achieve, and other gameplay activities in which you participate. We will also create a MPO player ID to identify your game account. If you choose to use communication features in MPO Services to communicate or share information with other players, then we’ll collect information on what is communicated or shared. This includes:
- your participation in player forums and message boards;
- your public posts or comments on other players’ profiles or gameboards;
- your non-public messages or invitations to other players, made through in-game mechanisms;
- your chats with other players (whether by instant message, live chat, or video); and/or
- your posted photos, drawings, or other user-generated content.
We may keep these communications, comments, photos, drawings, and other user-generated content on MPO’s servers to use them to protect the safety and well-being of our players; to protect MPO’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize, and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver advertising. Where required by law, we will seek your consent for this.
D. Cookies and Other Automated Information Collection
We, our service providers, and our business partners use these cookies and other similar technologies to process information, including:
- IP address;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- platform type (like Apple iOS or Android);
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Apple Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or Android Advertising ID (AAID);
- application performance and de-bugging information;
- your browser type and language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- the number of clicks on an app feature or web page;
- the amount of time spent on an app feature or web page;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages; and/or
- what your current progress is in our Services and the date and time of activity.
In some cases, we will connect the information we collect using cookies and similar technologies with your MPO user ID.
If you play MPO games on a mobile device, in addition to the information we collect using cookies and similar technologies, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your country;
- your telephone number (if you provide it);
- your specific geolocation (with your permission); and/or
- information about the MPO game and about other third-party applications with embedded Services you have on your device.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your device, please see Your Rights below.
E. Other Sources
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
3. Why We Process Your Information and our Legal Grounds
The main reason we process your personal information is to provide you with Services and to improve your gaming experience, but there are other reasons as well. We process your information for the purposes below:
- Provide our Services and create accounts in those Services
- Improve, optimize and personalize our Services and our players’ experiences
- Help you to connect with other people you know and other third-party platforms you use, including communicating with other players
- Communicate with you about the Services you are using or we think you will like, including in-game updates, new Services, pre-registrations and promotional marketing offers
- Customer service and managing player communications, including technical support
- Marketing, research, analytics and delivering contextual and behavioral advertising
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
- Protect the safety and well-being of our players and others
- Where you provide sensitive or special category personal information to us
- Maintain our business operations, including any business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets
- For security purposes and to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service
- Cooperate with public authorities and law enforcement where lawfully permitted or required
- Protect MPO’s rights, including compliance with applicable legal obligations, resolving any disputes we may have, and to administer our agreements with third parties
Our legal grounds for collecting and using the information described above depends on what the information is, the context in which we collect it and applicable privacy laws. Those grounds are as follows:
- Establish and perform our contract with you (i.e., our Terms of Service)
- For our or our partners’ legitimate interests
- Consent (where applicable)
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, another player)
- While we typically do not collect sensitive or special category personal information, where we do this it will be on the ground of consent or other applicable lawful basis
If you have questions, need further information about the legal grounds for processing your personal information, or want to withdraw your consent please see the Contact Us section below.
4. How We Share Information
We may share your personal information from our Services with others in the ways described below.
A. People you know and Other MPO Players
MPO’s games and Services support and often encourage you to interact with other players. Other players will be able to see your player profile; view descriptions of your in-game activity; communicate with you within our Services; and send you game requests or friend requests through our Services. For example, in our game of Match Poker Online, when you are playing at a table, all the other players at the same table can see your player profile and send you an in-game chat message.
B. Safety, Security, and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between you and MPO may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- to satisfy any applicable legal obligations;
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for national security, law enforcement, or legal process purposes (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- when we believe in our sole discretion that our Services are being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally; and/or
- to protect the rights or property of MPO or applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
C. Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your information with:
- third-parties who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, analytics, analysis, hosting services, customer service, marketing and advertising, including, for example, Amazon Web Services;
- our third-party business partners who assist us in delivering and optimizing our Services.
D. Sale or Merger
Where we consider a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets (like selling a game), we may disclose or transfer your information, including personal information, to the purchaser.
5. Your Rights
Your privacy rights are explained below. These rights apply to information about you, and their scope and applicability can vary across different regions. For example, they could extend to your household or a legal entity or could be exercised by a legal representative on your behalf. We will comply with applicable privacy laws, including any required response times.
Subject to certain exemptions, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal information (known as ‘accessing your data’).
- Delete your information. When you ask us to delete your personal information please remember that there may be lawful limitations on this right. For example, we will keep certain payment records or customer service records where we need to, including for legal or accounting purposes. We’ll also keep information in order to exercise, protect, defend, or establish our rights or the rights of third parties.
- Correct or update your personal information where it is inaccurate. To review and update personal information associated with your MPO player profile in certain games, visit the “settings” page in that game.
- Opt-out of marketing communications we send you by following the instructions set out in “Opting Out of Promotional Communications” below.
- Where applicable, withdraw your consent at any time directly in the Service or by contacting us. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the processing already undertaken before your withdrawal. Also, it will not affect processing of your personal information under other lawful grounds.
- Object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Ask that you are not subject to automated decision-making that has a legal effect or any other significant effect on you.
- Complain to a data protection authority. In certain regions, you also have the right to request compensation if you suffer damage due to unlawful processing of your Personal Data.
Managing Personal Information We Receive From Third-Party Applications / Platforms And From Your Mobile Device
You can manage the information we receive from your mobile device: visit the “settings” page or web browser to review the access permissions of each of our Services.
Opting Out of Promotional Communications
To stop receiving promotional emails from MPO, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email.
Your unsubscribe request or email preferences change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days. During that processing period, you may receive promotional emails that were already scheduled.
If you want to stop receiving push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on, you can turn off push notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” menu.
Where you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, you may occasionally hear from us if we need to provide you with non-marketing information about our Services or if we need to request information from you related to the performance of our Services to you.
6. Our Policies Concerning Children
Our Services are not marketed to, or intended for, children. For these purposes, we use the term “children” to refer to someone who is under the age of 18.
Children are not permitted to use these Services, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information about a child that is not subject to an exemption under applicable privacy law, we will take measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
7. International Operations and Transfers
As part of our international operations, we may transfer personal information to our business partners and service providers located internationally for our legitimate business purpose, including for the purposes listed in the Why We Process Your Information and Our Legal Grounds section above. We store personal information about you on servers located where we and our business partners and service providers have operations, offices and/or facilities (including hosting facilities for our website). This includes in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, USA, Europe and around the world.
Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is processed may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident. When we transfer your personal information internationally we treat your personal information securely, lawfully, and in accordance with privacy obligations. For example, in European Countries, this may include transferring personal information to countries deemed safe by the European Commission, implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses or using another approved mechanism for transfers of personal information between our business partners and service providers (where applicable).
8. How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your personal information depends on why we collected it and how we use it, but we will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for to provide you with the Services or for our legal requirements.
We will retain personal information that is connected with your account and/or the Services you use from us for as long as you have an active account with us. We will take measures to delete this personal information if you delete your account. However, you acknowledge that we may retain some information after you have closed, or we have deleted, your account with us where necessary to enable us to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend, or establish our rights.
9. Security of Your Information
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
11. Contact Us